Monday, January 4, 2010

Doula Things

Doula Things



I spent the day at the Midwifery clinic, observing and training with my former midwife, Dottie.

I loved every stinkin' second of being there!--the hours passed by like minutes!

She had 5 different clients come in...all different kinds of women--some are having their first baby and others their second or 3rd or fourth...
ALL of them were beautiful!

What is it about a pregnant woman in the room that draws our attention? Or is it just me??

I love the "glow" they have...knowing that there is a little person within them...what a brilliant shadow is cast when they enter a room!
We listened to heart tones, we looked inward through sonograms--we even got to tell 2 families what the sex of their babies are! How cool is that??!! I even guessed right both times! One will be a boy, "Naphtahli" and the other is a girl, "Edria" (her father is Salvadoran)...beautiful names, hunh?
I loved my home births. Unless you've experienced one, it is hard to describe exactly. Perfect.
Peaceful. Natural. Ideal.
As a Doula, I've attended both hospital and home births...both result in a miracle and I must say I am grateful to be wherever there is a miracle...wow--babies are such a nice way to start a person!
What did you love/hate/tolerate when you were pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling something you wanna say outloud? I'd love to hear it!