Monday, January 4, 2010

Where is THAT Stork Anyway?



It's almost eleven o'clock at night

and I should be asleep.



I even went to bed at 10 o'clock

with the intention

of sleeping.



Got up twenty minutes later

and here I sit.



My sleep is being held hostage

by 3 pregnant women

who are going to go into

labor

any stinking

minute now.



Plus!

my own daughter

who is going to have

my first grandchild

the Golden one

any moment.



The suspense is killing me.

I just know the exact

moment

I finally drift to la-la land

my phone will ring,

shake my adrenalin

into high gear,

and shoot me off like a rocket!



I'm ready.

I'm prepared.

I'm wide-awake!



C'mon Stork!

Start droppin them babies

so I can go to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling something you wanna say outloud? I'd love to hear it!