Monday, January 4, 2010

Shout-Outs, HomeBirth and Heaven-stuff



It's 2:30AM Tuesday morning.

I'm not a night owl

nor am I an early bird.

Coughing got me up

to make some Echinacea tea

and check emails and others blogs

that I missed reading over the

weekend.

Everyone has been so busy

out in blogland!

SO here's my shoutouts:



~Wendy, so glad you are still alive

after the whitewater rafting trip!



I wanna do that someday! Fear and common sense

seem to get in my way! I just need to jump in!



~Sue, Tammy, and all the others who posted

about General Conference,



I'm right there with you!

The house was like Grand Central Station

for Conference,

as people poured in and out to watch

the 4 different sessions with our family.

And I loved it, too.

I will say, I missed President Hinckley

alot this year.

Especially at the end of Sunday afternoon--

I longed to see that little grey-haired Granpa

walk over to the podium

and tell everyone to drive home safely,

like he always did.



~Sara, you look beautiful pregnant!



I got a birth call on Monday morning

at 12:45 am that one of our pregnant Moms

was in active labor...

that call always gives me an instant shot

of adrenaline!

I got over to the house to find Momma D.

being comforted by Papa R. as she slowly breathed thru

each wave of contractions.

I brought things out of the Midwife's car

and began the set-up.

Emily arrived and I am always glad when she shows up!

She is a younger gal who has been doing homebirth

a long time and makes her job look effortless.

After the set-up was complete,

we decided that one of us should sleep

while two watched after Momma D.

Since I've been the one with a cold

last week,

I was voted to rest first.

I welcomed it and went downstairs to rest.

The only WAHHH moment I wanna share

is that there were no blankets or throws

to be found

and the heat vents were closed

so I was a popsicle!

After an hour's rest,

it was evident that Momma D.'s Baby

was in a posterior position and needed to be turned.

So we tried lots of different positions

and took her over to an awesome

Chiropractors' office for an adjustment.

This Guy was amazing!

We were there 35 minutes

and he rotated the baby!

I am not kidding! I saw it with my own eyes!

And his technique was nearly imperceivable!

Dr. Davis, you rock!

Momma D.'s labor went from a

sluggish 8 minutes

apart,

to a fast clipping 5, 4, 3 minutes apart

within an hour afterwards!

Yea! for people who know what they're doing

and do it perfectly!

Momma wondered aloud

if the pain was going to get worse.

"are you sure it's not going to get

worse than this?"--

she was a first time Momma

and handled her labor very well.

From the time she was adjusted

to the time she was complete-

it was only 3 1/2 hours.

She loved the pool

and said she wanted no part of the

birthing stool

yet when it came right down to it

the stool really helped her

bring that baby down.

Delivery was alot of work

but @ 1:40 PM

the newest perfect little boy came into the world!

And here's something wild--

going into labor noone knew what the Gender was--

so as I'm tending to Momma D.

I was saying a prayer for her and baby

and the rest of us too--

and I just asked Heavenly Father

what the gender was--

am I praying for a male spirit or a female?

Male, came back the answer.

So as the other people in the room

were referring to the baby as "she"

I kept saying "he"--

even when the hearttones suggested

"girl"--

I smiled and said,

"nope, I'm betting it's a boy."

I learned that you can put questions

out there and get an answer

right then.

So after many hours away from home,

I returned with stringy hair (from the sauna-like bedroom)

and a need for a hot shower

with a little bit of heaven

in my heart.

The weekend seemed to go forever

but I am looking forward

to a very boring

Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feeling something you wanna say outloud? I'd love to hear it!